The Lost Art of Heart Navigation
April 12-14, 2019 (Traverse City, MI)
Jeff Nixa is partnering with Higher Self Bookstore in Traverse City, MI to bring this powerful 3-day weekend of soul transformation, shamanic visioning, and life way-finding skills to northern Michigan!
Enjoy two day-long programs (and a free Friday evening introductory session) to help you clarify your life purpose, awaken your unique healing and navigational powers in your life, and bring your medicine into the world for helping others and healing our wounded earth. The core teachings for this weekend can be found in Jeff’s book, The Lost Art of Heart Navigation: A Modern Shaman’s Field Manual (Bear & Co., 2017)
- Friday, April 12th, 7p-9p: Intro talk on nature-based spiritual traditions, shamanic healing, and book-signing (freewill donation)
- Saturday, April 13th, 9a-5p: The Shamanic Heart Path: Ancient Wisdom for Navigating Modern Life ($65.)
- Sunday, April 14th, 9a-5p: Fire Talks: An Introduction to Shamanic Counseling Methods ($65.)
The most important task we have in life is to discover our soul’s purpose, and to bring that purpose- our ‘medicine’- fully alive in the world. But how do we find that purpose? Who can be trusted to show us? And how do we start living a life more aligned to that purpose without falling back into old patterns of distraction, self-doubt, or stagnation? This weekend program will show you how. Jeff teaches a practical, no-nonsense approach to shamanic healing rooted in the earth-honoring spiritual relations that we all possess regardless of our particular culture or ethnicity.
On Friday evening Jeff will introduce you to the lost practices of the Heart Path, a soulful, time-tested, and strength-based approach to healing and life-navigation rooted in the earth-honoring spiritual traditions of world shamanism. Saturday’s day-long workshop will provide an overview of shamanic healing traditions, and teach key practices like shamanic journeying. Sunday’s program will go deeper and expand on Saturday’s work and teach a basic fire talk (shamanic counseling) practice for helping you break old patterns by engaging directly with the spirit of your particular ‘demons’ in a safe and structured way.
Specifically, attendees will learn:
- An overview of shamanic spiritual traditions, the nature-based wisdom common to all our ancestors worldwide.
- A process for getting clear on your own heart: your unique spiritual Center or core self, and visioning forward from that Center for a more joyful, purposeful life ahead.
- A method for identifying the particular barriers you have (both conscious and unconscious) to moving forward on that vision in your life.
- Shamanic journeys to directly connect you with your spirit guide(s) for support, practical information, and guidance in this process.
- A demonstration of the fire talk counseling process, with a volunteer from the group.
- Practicing the fire talk counseling process in small groups, learning to directly engage with the spirits of one’s fears for releasing of old patterns, and restoring vital energy.
- Practical advice on moving forward on your own heart path, and protecting your progress from self-sabotage, criticism from others, and real-life difficulties.
*Attention Healers: This program will be of particular value to people in the healing and helping fields of medicine, nursing, teaching, psychology, social work, ministry and pastoral counseling. Participants with prior shamanic training will find a powerful new approach for going deeper into the soul with innovative healing practices not found in conventional “core shamanism” programs.
Fire Talk Counseling Sessions
See Fire Talk page. Jeff offers five fire talk options:
- Individual fire talk sessions
- Full-day intensives
- Multi-day/overnight intensives
- Couples fire talk sessions
- Long distance fire talks (by Skype or phone)
ss* * x
Solo Urban Retreats – at the Hermitage
You can schedule a private full-day or multi-day overnight guided retreat at Jeff’s backyard Hermitage. For more information and fees see Fire Talk menu.
Jeff’s Writings and Conversations at Urban-Shamanism.org
Urban-Shamanism.org is Jeff’s companion website of archived public radio commentaries, short stories, podcast interviews, video, poetry, images and aspects of shamanic healing all woven together to inspire and open the heart of the urban sojourner. Visit now and leave a comment!