San Francisco Retreat Weekend, Oct. 19-21, 2018.
Jeff is partnering with colleague Anna Dorian to bring this powerful 3-day weekend of visioning, soul transformation, and life way-finding skills to the Bay area! Anna is the founder and director of Vibrant Reiki, a wide range of reiki courses and shamanic healing programs, and she’s hosting Jeff for these two day-long programs designed to clarify and activate your unique medicine for the world. We’ll first learn the art and skill of fire talks (shamanic counseling sessions), and then venture into deep nature for a day of vision questing in the heart-opening Marin headlands. The weekend will benefit newcomers to shamanism, as well as experienced practitioners, with innovative teachings and actual outdoor nature-based experiences that you will not find in conventional ‘hotel shamanism’ programs. Full information, fees, and registration link at bottom of this page.
Overview of Weekend
The focus of all three weekend events is the shamanic Path of the Heart, an ancient, nature-based spiritual methodology for finding one’s unique purpose and power in the world and bringing that to life with confidence, joy, and artistry.
Friday’s evening introduction, shamanic journey and book signing will be at the Women’s Building in San Francisco, and the Saturday and Sunday workshops will both be hosted at the Point Bonita YMCA, in the stunning Marin Headlands, just north of San Francisco over the Golden Gate Bridge. Sunday will close around an evening fire, looking out over the Pacific.
- 10/19 Friday evening: Meet with Jeff, Introduction to the Hearth Path, and book signing
- 10/20 Saturday: Shamanic Fire Talks: The Lost Art of Shamanic Counseling (vegetarian lunch included)
- 10/21 Sunday: DayQuest: A day-long vision quest experience in Nature (vegetarian dinner included)
FRI NIGHT: Meet Jeff and his book, and Learn About The Shamanic Heart Path
Fri Oct 19 at 6pm-9pm
Intro talk & book signing
The Women’s Building, San Francisco
$25, books available for sale at event
Join us for an informal gathering to chat with Jeff and hear about his transformation from conventional healing roles in health care, counseling and ministry to becoming a respected shamanic teacher and practitioner.
Jeff will share an overview of the Path of the Heart, an integration of ancient shamanism and Jungian soul psychology perfectly aligned to the urgent personal, social, and environmental needs of our times.
No other healing tradition today offers the nature-based healing tools of shamanism for breaking our modern trance of distractions, “hurry sickness,” and soul loss that keep us from knowing what we want, coming fully alive, and moving forward in life as artists of the soul. Jeff will be signing books after the workshop.
SAT. WORKSHOP: Fire Talks, The Art of Shamanic Counseling
Sat Oct 20, 10am-7pm
Point Bonita, Marin Headlands
$695 package: both Sat & Sun, (22% discount)
$444 Sat only, lunch included
RSVP required, below
Join us in the beautiful Marin headlands for this day-long exploration of shamanic “fire talk” counseling practice: a structured, strength-based approach for exploring the spiritual heart, laying out a vision for one’s life, and addressing the barriers to living out that vision with confidence and power. Fire talk methodology integrates the time-tested ecospiritual practices of ancient shamanism, with modern Jungian/soul psychology, and treasures from Jeff’s own life, travels, and teachers from North and South America.
At this workshop, you’ll learn:
- About the origins of the fire talk methodology, an integration of ancient and modern healing wisdom
- A demonstration of the fire talk process, with a volunteer from the group
- How to create a safe, structured environment to explore the spiritual heart
- How to lead a simple yet powerful medicine wheel ceremony to open a fire talk
- How to sense and articulate a vision for one’s life, moving forward
- How to identify the specific fears, beliefs, and “dragons” that block one’s vision
- How to directly connect with, and learn from, the spirits of one’s own deepest fears to gain information, liberation from fear, and vital energy for moving forward
- How to begin living life as a true Artist of the Soul and enjoy a more joyful, forward-directed life of purpose and service to others
- How to protect one’s path and progress from negativity, criticism, and real life difficulties
- How to practice the fire talk process with a partner, and receive supportive help and feedback from Jeff during the learning process. Handouts provided for continued work at home
This program will be of particular interest to those in the healing and helping fields of medicine, nursing, education, psychology, social work, ministry and pastoral counseling. It will benefit anyone seeking a soulful, strength-based approach to healing and life-navigation rooted in our dynamic spiritual connection with all living things.
SUN WORKSHOP: DayQuest, Life Navigation the Ancient Way
Sun Oct 21, 10am-8pm
Point Bonita, Marin Headlands
$695 package: both Sat & Sun (22% discount)
$444 Sun only, dinner included
RSVP required, below
Come experience this day-long version of a traditional wilderness vision quest ceremony. A vision quest is an ancient spiritual practice to clarify one’s purpose and direction in life, a classic rite of passage common to many indigenous societies worldwide. This one-day version includes group preparation and support for several hours of fasting and prayer alone in the beautiful Marin headlands, to slow down, connect deeply with nature, receive healing, and get clarity on some question, struggle, or situation in one’s life.
This workshop is ideal for persons navigating a big decision, a move, a school, work or life transition, a relationship change or loss, spiritual questioning…or anyone just feeling stuck, stagnant or uncertain in life. This relaxing, safe, and powerful day in nature is the perfect antidote to the epidemic of hurry-sickness and distracted living we all struggle with.
At this workshop you will learn:
- About the vision quest tradition among various AmerIndian cultures
- A simple ceremony for welcoming in one’s ancestors and nature
- How to prepare for the solo portion of the quest, to include both a wandering time and a sitting time for deep prayer and connection with nature
- How to formulate a focused intention for the solo time
- Helpful instructions on safety, navigating, and good relations with weather and wildlife
- An outdoor moving-mindfulness practice to enjoy during the solo time
- Several hours of focused solo quest time in nature
- Individual support and processing after the solo time to clarify one’s ‘vision’
- Group fire ceremony for integration, support and processing of our quest experiences
Participants are encouraged to fast prior to and during the solo quest time.
(For the individual F, Sa, or Su classes click the bolded date that will appear on each calendar.)